Tuesday, February 5, 2008

baby breath.

i am typing this with a baby on my lap. this particular baby just woke up from a nap and has the worst morning breath ever. that, however, is an aside. the real topic of today's entry is this: it is clear that new year's resolutions have been cast aside, and people are ordering more vegan treats than one little baker could have imagined possible. not only have the resolutions been abadoned, it seems that people are making up for lost time. usually my orders are very similar. one week i'll make three mayan chocolate spice cakes, the next week everyone wants red velvet cupcakes - it's eery, but convenient. this week, on the other hand, everyone wants one of everything - cinnamon rolls, pumpkin scones, vanilla cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies. who am i to judge? this morning i had three mini-doughnuts with my coffee. alas, they were not vegan. not to worry! i have a recipe which i am veganizing that should be ready for the menu soon. i am also attempting croissants this weekend and will keep you posted. i really do promise to put up pictures soon. i'm making half a dozen cinnamon rolls today or tomorrow, and i feel they're ready for their close up.

1 comment:

Mary-Laure said...

Just reading the list of what people order from you makes me drool... I've never tried vegan baking (I'm living in Paris, where veganism isn't exactly big, as you can imagine), but I am a vegetarian and I just LOVE baking!